Chocolate chip & cream cheese blondies
- 9 tbsp butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- Heaping ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Heaping 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line a shallow 8-inch square-baking pan.
- Place the cream cheese and chocolate chips in a large bowl and beat together until creamy.
- Place the butter and sugar in a separate large bowl and whisk together until pale and creamy.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture in spoonfuls, spaced well apart, on top of the batter in the pan.
- Flatten the spoonfuls slightly. Repeat the layers and then draw a knife through the batter in a spiral.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan, then cut into squares.
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations:
This was a great treat that paired well with coffee. The next time I would make this recipe, I would add less flour and add more sugar, cream cheese and chocolate chips.