Chicken, Cheese & Spinach Manicotti
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) fresh spinach
- 1 container (16 oz.) 2% Milk fat Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 cup 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 10 Manicotti shells, cooked, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook and drain Manicotti shells, set aside.
3. Warm 1-tablespoon olive oil, then add chopped onions and 1 clove of garlic. Once browned, add the spinach and cook down until the spinach is very small. Drain all liquid from the spinach.
4. Combine finely chopped chicken and garlic in large bowl. Add spinach, cottage cheese, egg whites and ¼ cup mozzarella; spoon into manicotti shells.
5. Place in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with spaghetti sauce.
6. Bake 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake 5 min. or until melted.
This recipe is from Kraftfoods.com.
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations:
To make it ahead:
Assemble recipe as directed. Refrigerate up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, bake (uncovered) in 350ºF-oven 35 to 40 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; continue as directed.
I would also recommend sprinkling a bit of Parmesan cheese and basil to add a nice touch!