Zucchini Spaghetti Bake
½ cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray Pam in 9×9 or 13×9 pan.
2. Sauté onions, garlic, salt, pepper and zucchini until soft and/or browned.
3. Put noodles in pan, add spaghetti sauce and top with zucchini mixture.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle cheeses onto and bake for 3 more minutes.
5. Finish by sprinkling a little bit of basil to add a beautiful touch!
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations
This can be a great after work dinner if you have some already prepared spaghetti sauce, or simply a can of Prego already made in the cupboard. I also love to use leftover noodles and spaghetti sauce so all I have to do is pop it in the oven and BAM dinner is done; all while enjoy a glass of red wine and Cosmo.
Healthier version of this recipe
Leave out the cheese on this recipe replace white spaghetti noodles with a box of wheat noodles. Since I am on the healthier bandwagon these days, I simply omit the cheese on my plate and add cheese to my boyfriend’s plate so that I can save on unneeded calories.