Vanilla Wafer Apple Crisp
- 4 large apples (2 lb.), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup(1/2 stick) cold margarine
- 25 reduced fat vanilla wafers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- 1-1/2 cups thawed cool whip lite whipped topping
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Toss apples with ¼ cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
3. Combine oats, remaining brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in wafer crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake 30 to 35 min. or until apples are tender. Serve topped with cool whip.
Jen’s thoughts and Recommendations:
This is the best apple crisp recipe I have in all my many cookbooks!! Yes, there are some great apple crisp recipes out there, but none are as simple, crunchy or as tasty.