This delectable appetizer is both easy and fun! This would also be a great dish to make with your significant other or friend as a fun way to get them involved the in the kitchen. This recipe is originally from allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drain
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; heat just to boiling. Pour sauce over bacon and water chestnuts.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds. Cut some of the bigger water chestnuts in half. Wrap chestnuts in bacon and secure with toothpicks; place in a 9×13 pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until bacon is completely cooked, about 3-11 minutes (depending on how crispy you would like them).