Garlic, Cilantro Lime Shrimp Sautee
This is officially one of the most amazing things I have cooked to date. Yesterday I was thawing some shrimp and I had no idea what to cook. In my efforts to be healthy and slim down for our wedding next summer I wanted to cook a delicious but low calorie meal. And BOYYY did I find it!!! While browsing through my google search for healthy shrimp recipes I came across a recipe and I added a few tweaks to make it mine. The original recipes came from skinnytaste.com.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2-1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add oil, garlic, onion and a dash of salt and pepper to the pan, saute until browned.
- Add shrimp. Season with a dash more of salt, and pepper.
- When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook.
- Use a lime squeezer and put lime juice into pan with cilantro, toss and serve!
Calories: 197.3 • Fat: 4.1g • Protein: 35.9 g • Carb: 2.4 g • Fiber: 0.1 g
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 6 oz